“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied…
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” - Matthew 22:36-40
1. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind by:
- Spending regular time alone with God in personal prayer and Bible study.
Joshua 1:7-8; Psalm 1:2; Mark 1:35; Luke 5:16; Acts 2:42; Philippians 4:6
- Faithfully attending weekly worship.
Acts 2:1-46; Acts 14:27-28; Hebrews 10:24-25
- Faithfully attending weekly Bible study.
Isaiah 55:8-11; Acts 2:1; II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21
- Committing to obey God’s Word in scripture through the conviction and interpretation of the Holy Spirit.
Psalm 1; Matthew 7:24; John 8:31-32; James 1:22-25
- Loving God and not money. Being a tither is the basic minimum in faithful giving.
Genesis 14:8-20; Malachi 3:8-10; Matthew 6:19-21; II Corinthians 9:6-15
- Faithfully serving in a ministry..
Matthew 20:26-28; John 13:1-5; Romans 12:4-8; I Corinthians 12:1-31
2. Love your neighbor as yourself by:
- Loving one another in the body of Christ.
Matthew 19:19; John 13:34-35; John 15:12-14; I Corinthians 13:1-12
- Being a positive and fruitful witness for Christ.
Matthew 5:14-16; Matthew 28:16-20; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 5:8-9; Ephesians 5:22-6:4