What We Believe…
We believe that God desires a personal relationship with every individual human. God created us in His image, to connect intimately with Him, but our sin broke that relationship. As soon as we made that break, God announced His plan to bridge the gap and reconcile us to Himself. This plan climaxed when His only Son, Jesus Christ, died on the cross as a sacrifice in our place. Because He paid the debt of our sin, we can be forgiven and reconciled to God forever!
- Learn how to accept God’s forgiveness by asking Jesus Christ into your heart.
As in any relationship, a relationship with God requires time and attention to develop. Your relationship with God will grow for the rest of your life. People have their own special time and place to communicate with God and Mt. Vernon encourages its members to connect to God through the following means:
Prayer is a conversation between you and God. Through prayer we can praise God for His blessings, repent for our wrongdoings, ask for the needs of our friends and families, and bring our own requests before God.
Read the Bible
Reading and studying the Bible provides insight, explanation, inspiration, and revelation. You do not need a degree or special training to read the Bible. All you need is the desire to know God and learn from Him.
- A daily devotional can help
- A class on biblical precepts can help you understand the Bible and learn from others.
Worship and Fellowship
Worshiping and gathering with other Christians is vital to growth and accountability in a Christian life.
- Join us for one of our worship services.
- Small Groups such as Sunday School classes connect you with believers who share similar Christian values.